Welcome to this Online Module on the effective use of mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) for professional development and learner engagement.
Today, technology has advanced so fast in such a way that availability of mobile devices has been ubiquitous. The costs of devices and internet has also come down enabling access to these devices in many numbers.
Teachers, on the other hand, many teachers now own smartphones. These can be explored in many ways to be able to improve the teaching and learning if they know how to use them effectively. This online course will be very helpful in helping teachers in two ways:
1. To improve their profession in many ways
2. To engage their students, especially in times of pandemics line Covid-19.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Introduced to the different distance education technologies used in teaching and learning
- Effectively use smartphones in teaching and professional development
- The use of different mobile phones in teaching and learning
- Introduced to the basics of emotional intelligence.
- Different techniques to engage students
In-service school teachers, per-service teachers, College Tutors and OER creators.
There will be two types of certificates to participants:
- Certificate of Completion: Constant participation in ALL Discussion Forums and completion of all quizzes and activities with at least 50% score.
- Certificate of Participation: Participation in at least 2 Discussion Forums and the creation and completion of any 3 assignments with a score between 25% to 49%